Thursday, June 25, 2009

EdgeMusic Alums Mourn Michael Jackson On Twitter

As most of you have heard, Michael Jackson passed away yesterday afternoon from cardiac arrest at age 50. He was found unconscious in Los Angeles, California and was pronounced dead on arrival. He has truly affected the way our celebrities made their paths. So it was easy for them to express their feelings on websites like Twitter, and when there's a celebrity mourning about it, there's an EdgeMusic alum mourning it. We collected the various Twitter comments from our alums. Here's a Tweet from one of this week's Artists of the Week, Ashley Tisdale (ashleytisdale):

"I have to say, the 6 of us from HSM were very lucky to have met such an amazing man. I will remember that moment forever. RIP Michael"

This one comes from the previous EdgeMusic winner, Wake the Light (wtlmusic):

"sad day my idol Micheal Jackson Dies today, on my birthday of all days :/ RIP"

This one comes from one of our winners from the Bamboozle week, Single File (singlefile):

"So long to the Elvis of our generation...we <3>RIP Michael Jackson. You will be missed and loved"

Also, New Kids on the Block member Donnie Wahlberg (DonnieWahlberg) tweeted about Michael Jackson 3 times:

"
Detroit- Amazing! Hearing you all sing Man In The Mirror and I'll Be There brought tears to my eyes. As always you are the classiest fans."

"
Life is so precious. So short. I've tried to live each day to the fullest during this journey. I thank you all for sharing it with me."

"
This is as close as we came to sharing the stage with The King- Thank You for inspiring me Michael Jackson. Thank you for your gift to us."

This last tweet for this article, and there are more on the way, comes from Donnie's bandmate, Jonathan Knight (JonathanRKnight):

"
This is as close as we came to sharing the stage with The King- Thank You for inspiring me Michael Jackson. Thank you for your gift to us."

No comments:

Post a Comment