Monday, September 7, 2009

Cheap Trick "The Flame" Live From New Orleans (08.18.2009)



This week's EdgeMusic Artist of the Week, Cheap Trick, was one of the opening acts for the concert we went to on August 18th headlined by past EdgeMusic winner Def Leppard (May 11 - 25, 2008). Since Cheap Trick wasn't an EdgeMusic winner yet, we excluded them from the coverage. But I did capture one of their performances on video. I even uploaded it on our YouTube account, but I wasn't confident that they would ever become featured on EdgeMusic one day. We do not rig the votes in any way, and last week's poll proved why they are the most underrated band of all time.

But the real reason why we captured this video is because the song they performed was the greatest song of all-time, and it still is. Now I can share with you my all-time favorite song, "The Flame", which became their only #1 single on the Hot 100 back in 1988.

No comments:

Post a Comment